Open Source CMS
A content management system(CMS) is a computer system that allows publishing, editing, and modifying content as well as site maintenance from a central page.It provides a collection of procedures used to manage workflow in a collaborative environment.These procedures can be manual or computer-based.
The core features of Content Management Systems vary widely from system to system, many simpler systems showcase only a handful of features, while others, notably enterprise systems, are much more complex and powerful.
- Allow for a large number of people to share and contribute to stored data control access to data based on user role(i.e. define information users or user groups can view, edit, publish, etc)
- Facilitate storage and retrieval of data
- Control data validity and compliance
- Reduce duplicate inputs
- Simplify report writing
- Improve communication among users
- Define data as almost anything: documents, movies, texts, pictures, phone numbers, articles etc.